1.2

I was contacted by a recruiter who claims they received my resume online. In actuality someone from my previous job went to them and gave them their manager's name. I am close friends with that manager. They immediately called (the manager) to set a time that they could come by and speak with her.

All they wanted to do was get some insight on our present employer for potential prospects and leads. They asked her to forward any resumes to them for some recommended future employees.

She forwarded my resume and they never called me until about a month later. When they called they were asking who my manager was and to send them more people interested in a job. WAIT WHAT?? You're asking me to send you people before you even interview me or hire me for a job???? They forgot that my resume had already been sent to them via my manager friend. I never applied with them in person or online.

The recruiter then emails me after the over-the-phone interview to send her a copy of my resume along with......... you guessed it........ Managerial references. I am suppose to miss a half day work to go interview with Insight Global. After about a 20 minutes of researching and reading on this company online that is definitely NOT going to happen!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of deceptive phone interview for informational purposes. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of a product or service. Insight Global needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Insight Global.

Comments

Passaic, New Jersey, United States #1196680

Thank you for these comments. I cancelled my interview with them.

People get excited when they are called in for a face to face interview, but the truth is, the recruiters are required to have a certain number of 1:1 interviews per week. They also have quotas to meet as far as obtaining leads from applicants' references.

Many applicants have a natural expectation that their references are used to obtain information on THEM but the sad reality is, the recruiters call those professional references and try to sell them on using IG for their future staffing needs.

This practice, while not limited to just IG, is shady and unethical. I would never use a staffing agency for any reason.